Sunday, May 6, 2012

Making Brown Rice and Natural Chicken Stew

One of the items on my dinner menu is going to be Brown Rice and Natural Chicken Stew. This is a hearty and nutritious meal that doesn't requre tiem on the stove to cook onece we have boiling water. Because there are so many people in the group, time on the stoves will be at a premium, plus at the end of the day I'm goingot want my dinner to be ready as fast as possible.

Here's the ingredients:

1 cup Premium Instant Brown Rice
7 oz Natural White Chicken
1/2 packet Onion Gravy Mix
615 Calories, 48g Protein




The rice and gravy mix will be combined into a pre-portioned and mixed bag to aid in portion control.



I worked through a dry run of preparing the meal using my Apex stove and stainless steel kettle. I boiled the water and then poured 1 - 1 1/2 cups of the water into my GSI Solo cookware bowl. 



I then added the rice/gravy mixture and let it set.  After 5 minutes I added the chicken.  Five minutes later dinner was served. 

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment